Thursday, March 25, 2010

Unleash the Demon...


"Its much more wise to let the past be buried, digging it up also brings an ugly angry side of you that one had learnt to suppress over the years.. I don't know if we ever grow up? I definitely haven't..."

- Anurag Kashyap

Ugly angst. That's where it all began. Our journey to not fall in line. Our journey to 'middle finger' conventions. Our journey to kick butt. Our journey to not be nice to people who don't deserve. This post comes as a humble tribute to The Demon that governs teamXtreme, much to our collective dislike, the guy who whiplashes mediocrity, encourages excellence, but at times when shit happens, he stands by the team, despite the size of the screw ups.

Demonik, as he is (un)fondly called , has been the starting point of the existence of this team. Having been witness to his ugliest assertions of angst, I won't say that it has been a 'happy happy' feeling all the way, but it's his birthday tomorrow, so I will be polite & withhold all those expletives that cross my mind every time I mention him.

On a not so fine day, me & Demonik were off to somewhere, for some business-as-usual kind of thing. Now he had just finished a session at the gym and someone had to bear the brunt. Thank God it wasn't me. A guy passing by on a cycle did something & pissed off Demonik. Abuses were hurled for a while & then HE did the unfathomable. He asked me to cling on to the black Bajaj Chetak while he went on to discipline the cycle guy.

It was a traffic signal, bang in the middle of the city. One mad freaking visual it was. Demonik whipping & disciplining the cycle guy with his Anaconda-skin-killer belt. Once done with the teaching, he came back as if nothing had happened. I was shitting bricks as I didn't know what would happen next. Will the cycle guy come back with his gang & get even? Thanks to my parents' blessings nothing of that sort happened.

That was just one of the many 'adventures' that we shared along the way. But the thing is that though the anger has simmered and all that, but it is what keeps us 'hatke' from other fungi in the business. Our threshold of taking crap (especially where work is concerned) is zilch / mundu. If you are not good enough, you are off the team, as simple as that! This holds true for both the members of the team, as well as the clients.

It helps us un-clutter life to a huge extent. Like that time I had a 'khaana khaaya?' type girl & Demonik didn't mince any words & asked me to dump her & move on. I did & look at me today, I am still struggling to find a girl. Thanks dawg! But yes, it's waaaaaay better single than dealing with the idiot marathon unleashed by the dumb chickitas. So thanks again! Dil se!

Demonik has been a strong influence to all us at teamXtreme (let me also quickly blame him for all my bad habits) & has set an example which we shamelessly try and follow. Okay, but I won't get a tattoo, so screw you :p As a parting note, as a birthday wish, from all of us, wonly to you Mr. Satan Reincarnated:

Devaaaa... utha le re... mere ko nahin re...

ROFLMAO.

Have a good one ahead bro & have a large one for me ;)

1 comment:

  1. You are Phunny.. nd you know it! :D

    Loved the hopelessness you described in the part where 'Satan' was Unleashing himself..

    ReplyDelete